Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Week Down

I haven't kept track of my workouts on here for a few days, but I have not fallen off the bandwagon already :)

Wed- Shoulders and Arms & Abs. I liked this one...I've been having to make do with what I have (a resistance band) for now. For the pull ups I rig the band in the doorway and kneel down like they do in the video, it works for now, plus I'm not able to do a full pull up on my own, YET! I do need to invest in some weights, I'm really interested in the adjustable kind so I just have one set laying around. These are the ones I want...

They go from 2.5 pounds up to 12 pounds each, and they are on sale at Target if anyone else wants to get in on this deal. :)

Thurs- Yoga. I love Yoga. I danced for about 12 years of my life so I've always been into the Pilates and Yoga workouts, flexibility is important. Needless to say, I enjoyed this workout alot, and burned 523 calories during all the fun.

Fri- Legs and Back & Abs. Wall Squats (I think thats the right term) kicked my BUTT! Who thought standing against a wall with your knees bent could be so excrutiating?! HA! Anyway, I love all the variations of movements in this workout, I never would have thought to do calf-raises while standing pigeon-toed, it worked a muscle I didn't even know I had. And I noticed today Ab Ripper X seemed a little easier. Now, the word easy shouldn't even be used in the same sentence as Ab Ripper X, but I was able to complete a lot more of the crunches, and even do the advanced version on some! I used to have a GREAT core strength, over the past couple years it's dwindled...but I think this whole "muscle memory" thing is true:) Good thing for me.

Saturday- After a LONG day at work (back to back appointments from 9am until 5pm) I made myself do Kenpo X When I got home. Standing, and bending, and shampooing all day really takes its tole on my back when I do it non-stop (I don't wear the best shoes, but MUST be fashionable. HA!) Anyways, I came home, put my workout clothes on right away and got to work. And it was well worth it!! I feel great :)

Now that I rambled WAY to much, I feel up to date....Tomorrow is Stretch day, and my body is going to thank me. Hope I didn't bore anyone TOO much!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good with the workouts. Just a note... you will definitely need heavier weights eventually. For example, on the leg workouts.

    But if it's a good price then I say go for it! I use Powerblocks, and although an investment, totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete